It’s not difficult to make a good burger and every restaurant and diner seems to have one, and yet some burgers are just better than others. We’ve done our research, cross-referenced the results and finished off with the ultimate in taste tastes.
Hard to believe it, but we’ve compiled the seven best hamburgers in North Carolina. It was hard, you guys. There were many runner-ups but when we were pushed to cull the list, Lincolnton’s Harvest Moon Grille came out on top as the best in the state, with Wilmington’s Winnie Tavern running a close second.
1. Harvest Moon Grille Lincolnton, NC – There’s nothing we love more than a farm-to-table restaurant. You can definitely taste the difference in their ingredients. Go here if you’re a foodie or just love a good burger.
2. Winnie’s Tavern Wilmington, NC – Just order the Trailer Park Burger. You’ll be happy you did.
3. Jones Lunch Clayton, NC – Go here for unpretentious, down-home fare. They make burgers like your grandma and granddad use to eat. A local favorite.
4. Bob’s Dogs Oak Island, NC – People come here for the hot dogs, but the hamburgers are the surprise. No fancy foodie gourmet burgers here, these are small, tasty, expertly cooked burgers. Get the OKI Burger (it’s a Carolina Burger – chili, slaw, onions and mustard).
5. Fat Andy’s Burger Southport, NC – Don’t worry about the way this place looks. Just get the burger and fries.
6. Come Back Shack Boone, NC – Usually super-busy and the parking can be a bummer but this location is popular for a reason. It goes without saying, you need to get a burger, fries and Come Back Sauce. And bring the kiddos. It’s family-friendly and they’ll love the vibrant vibe.
7. Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar Raleigh, NC – Make sure you’re hungry. The burgers are huge. Delicious gourmet burgers with an eclectic list of toppings. Can get rowdy at times, but perfect for groups or watching the big game.